Friday, October 17, 2008

Puzzled over Endorsement? Don't Be

Many people reading about the financing of campaigns in the First Congressional District (Brown versus Ketner) must have been startled when they reached this statement (in the fifth paragraph or so) in the P & C Friday morning: "The Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund has named Ketner's one of its top 10 races to watch."

Well, I'm startled that local news outlets continue to ignore this aspect of the campaign. Does anyone ever even ask Ketner what her social agenda is? If so, I haven't heard it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe in separation of church and state, so her "famiy value" crusade doesn't bother me as much. Yet, does she represent the Middle class? Will she represent the Middle class as Democrats consistently insist they do?
She's transferring multi-million dollar properties amongst family members in downtown Charleston as recently as a few weeks ago. Last time I checked, that wasn't in my tax bracket...as a member of the MIDDLE CLASS.