Saturday, October 25, 2008

CCSD Message to Time Travelers

"Does your child qualify for free tutoring?" is the bold captioning on a large ad placed in Saturday's P & C, no doubt as a requirement of NCLB.

After listing eligible CCSD schools, the ad states, "Learn more at an information fair.". . . "A district-wide information fair will be held on Saturday, October 18 from 10 a.m.--4:30 p.m. in the Board room of 75 Calhoun Street."

We could argue that the place selected for most parents would be off the beaten path. The middle of Gadsden Green might be more appropriate, but let that pass.

What I want to know is, where can they catch the time machine?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's our tax dollars at work. I thought the same thing when I read it. I wonder how much that ad cost us.

Anonymous said...

Just another example of the cynical, half baked, couldn't care less attitude of the people running the school system here.

Anonymous said...

And I thought Elliot Smalley was an improvement from Jerry Adams. Heck, I thought ANYONE would be an improvement from Jerry Adams. Kinda miss Jerry, I must say.