Thursday, November 01, 2018

Rich and Powerful Attempt to Buy Charleston School Board

I was planning to blog about this problem today, but Jake Rambo beat me to it:



**Dark Money and the School Board**
As an educator, I decided to run for School Board with one primary goal: to get needed supports to students and schools! I thought it was that simple. It’s not.
Because of recent court rulings, big-money, well-connected individuals are allowed to create “non-profit” groups to spend an unlimited amount of money to influence elections. Their donation lists and true intentions are never revealed. But yet, the community is expected to just believe their motives are genuine, and their efforts are just.
So please ask yourself these questions: why is there a dark money group spending hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to influence our local school board election? What do they get out of this? Why are they so connected to local officials and large government contracts? Why do they claim to be for change yet promote the status quo?
I have learned that politics in Charleston is a pay-to-play game. I am proud to say that I am not playing that game! Like my father has always taught me, "I say what I mean and I mean what I say."
On November 6th, let’s show these special interest groups that electing candidates who have experience putting students first, demanding transparency, and prioritizing the needs of teachers and students are what’s most important for our system. And let’s send a clear message that dark money has NO place when it comes to what’s best for our kids!#DemandTransparency #ClearEyesFullHearts #TeamRambo

1 comment:

nikkolayebba said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.