Monday, March 21, 2011

Principal Proposals Drive CCSD Opponents Together

My husband's retired British army uncle had a favorite saying about himself: "I'm so far right that I meet myself coming around the other side."

So maybe that is what occurred recently in the Charleston County School District when the superintendent proposed moving principals at Burke and North Charleston High Schools. Suddenly, constituents who frequently find themselves on opposite sides of her plans now find agreement on that one. And they're not for it, either. How else to explain agreement between Dot Scott and Elizabeth Kandrac? Joseph Darby and Mary Ann Taylor?

Shakespeare said it first: politics makes strange bedfellows.

We may have just witnessed the first act of Superintendent McGinley's removal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Politics makes for strange bedfellows, doesn't it? I love it. Dot Scott, McGinley's de facto chief advisor, has now publicly turned on the Superintendent. McGinley's obvious catering to the NAACP has gotten her just what she had hoped to avoid: A public confrontation. Hey Nancy: What's that about putting all of your eggs in one basket? Let's see you wriggle out of this one. Can't wait to see your latest "What I meant to do was engage the public." Yeah. Right.

Anonymous said...

I hope this is more than a one night stand.