Some things that don't bother Scott and the other officers of the NAACP:
- de facto segregated schools in District 20 (on the peninsula);
- under-the-radar busing of white students out of District 20 and black students in to make segregation possible;
- the CCSD Superintendent's foray into charter schools as part of changing Murray Hill Academy represented by the monumental and expensive failure of Sea Islands YouthBuild;
- the failure of CCSD to provide programs at Burke High School desired by its parents;
- overloading of resources on Buist Academy as a magnet school while withholding same from Charleston Progressive Academy, an almost all-black magnet school only two blocks away; etc.